La Baie is one of three urban districts in the city of Saguenay, Quebec. Is located approximately 474 km from Montreal and 222 km from Quebec City. La Baie was the first settlement in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region, when the Société des Vingt et un settled there in 1838.
- Sentier Eucher: This 9 km hiking trail offers breathtaking views of Baie des Ha! Ha!, La Baie and the Saguenay Fjord. It is considered one of the region’s most spectacular trails.
- Club de Golf Port-Alfred: Put your skills to the test in a splendid setting! It is located in the heart of the city, close to the port of call. With its breathtaking view of Ha! Ha! offers a representative image of the quality of the region’s landscapes.
- Cruise the Saguenay Fjord: The perfect cruise to unwind, relax and contemplate. You will see the fjord, its dizzying capes, and the impressive Eternity Bay with the statue of Notre-Dame-du Saguenay. Animation throughout will help you learn more and get the most out of this excursion!
- Are you interested in sailing? Discover sailing and the Saguenay Fjord with the wind and currents! Boarding at the Ville de La Baie Marina
- La Baie municipal beach: just 2 km from the borough of La Baie, this sandy beach is an ideal place to relax and swim in summer.
- Paddleboarding in the Saguenay Fjord: Get ready for fun on the water with Vague SUP du Fjord
- La Pyramide des Ha! Ha! designed by artist Jean-Jules Soucy and erected by REMAC in memory of the 1996 floods, the Pyramide des Ha! Ha! is covered with 3,000 “Yield” signs mounted on an aluminum structure. Admire the breathtaking view of Ha! Ha! at 21 metres tall.
- La Baie Marina: located about 3 km from the borough of La Baie, the marina offers water-based activities such as fishing, kayaking and sailing.
- Cycling : Explore the region by bike and discover the magnificent landscapes of Baie des Ha! Ha! At your own pace.
- Summer fishing: La Baie des Ha! Ha! Is a prime spot for fishing enthusiasts, with plenty of fish to catch in the local waters.
- L’Agora du village portuaire: Outdoor stage located in downtown La Baie. During the summer season, numerous free shows are presented.
- KiteSurfing in La Baie: Feel like taking the plunge and starting to kite? Or to fine-tune your technique? Contact Progression Kite
- La Fabuleuse Histoire d’un royaume (The Fabulous Story of a Kingdom ): A masterful, legendary show that will transport all your senses! The story of the birth and evolution of Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean is told by over 150 volunteer actors in a breathtaking visual and sound environment.
- Bagotville Air Defence Museum: Quebec’s only recognized museum dedicated to the history of Canadian military aviation, and the only French-language military aviation museum in eastern North America!
- Verrerie d’art Touverre: This glassblowing economuseum features an avant-garde arts and crafts boutique and gallery. Glass sculptor Giuseppe Benedetto offers you unique and original works in all formats, enabling you to discover his artistic approach.
- The Musée du Fjord: Located on the shore of Baie des Ha! Ha! the Musée du Fjord offers fascinating exhibits, entertaining scientific activities, captivating lectures and fun workshops for the whole family.
- Parc Mars: this park on the banks of the Saguenay Fjord offers picnic areas, a children’s playground and a beach.
In short, there’s something for everyone in the La Baie borough. Whether you’re interested in nature, culture or gastronomy, you’ll find plenty to keep you entertained.
What to do in La Baie in 2023? Here is the calendar of events:
- September: https: //aubergedes21.ca/septembre-2023
- August: https: //aubergedes21.ca/aout-2023
- July: https: //aubergedes21.ca/juillet-2023
- June: https: //aubergedes21.ca/juin-2023
- May: https: //aubergedes21.ca/mai-2023
- April: https: //aubergedes21.ca/avril2023
- March: https: //aubergedes21.ca/mars-2023
- February: https: //aubergedes21.ca/fevrier-2023
- January: https: //aubergedes21.ca/janvier2023